Friday, August 8, 2008

Our little characters

On Sunday Dave and I were sitting on the couch watching Trevor play. He had a piece of his train track that he was using as a sword and he was fighting off monsters and bad guys. As we watched him I said, "Wouldn't that be such a good book? A story about a little boy who imagines things and then they start to happen." That got us talking and all day long we kept throwing out ideas on what the story would be like, how it would work and different ideas on what would happen. On Wednesday I started writing it and this morning we finally figured out what we want the whole thing to be. Of course we had to name the main character Trevor and he had to have a little brother named Colin. I have so many stories I've started and never finished but I've not been as excited about one as I am about this one. Even if nothing comes of it, how fun for our boys to sit and listen as we read a story with them in it. So stay tuned, maybe as I write I'll put little bits and pieces of it on my blog so you can all tell me what you think and maybe some day Trevor will be the next Harry Potter....

4 comments:

Heidi said...

The weekend of the 15th will be ok I think. Would we go out on Friday or Saturday night? Or do you know yet? I will have to bring the baby also:-)

Steph said...

sounds great!!

Jess said...

I am liking that idea for a book. You are so creative!

The Sewell Family said...

I would love to read some of the things you write.