Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Break



I always imagine that school vacations are going to be super fun, full of smiles and laughs and exciting times. Family outings and fun trips and good memories that the boys will look back on and smile. But in reality, school vacations are more like super lazy kids who don't want to get dressed or get up from the couch, their eyes glued to the TV, moans and groans when I suggest we turn the TV off and go outside to get some fresh air. We never have big plans, but instead we do just little things here and there. We did have some smiles and laughs, we had lots of fights and plenty of tears. For Spring Break this year we had a babysitter for a few hours while I did my Easter shopping, the kids had the afternoon at the park, we spent many hours in my parent's backyard playing basketball, digging to the center of the earth, swinging and pulling kids around in the red wagon. Colin went to the dentist, twice in one day. I cleaned the house only to have it get messy again not even 24 hours later. We called the Tortoise Pet Hotline and were visited by a very nice girl who taught us many things about the desert tortoise and told us we took excellent care of Milo. She then took Milo with her and away to a conservation and research area where the boys were told Milo would be very happy and have many friends to hang out with. Colin cried, Trevor fake cried and Logan cried because everyone else was crying. We had Popsicles, dyed eggs (a very first for my boys) and they helped Dave mow the lawn. I finished my desk! I love the way it came out and now I have to fight Colin for it. He wants it for his drawing desk, I want it for my writing desk. I am not sure if we can share. Today is a picnic and egg hunt at the park and tomorrow Easter dinner at my parent's house. Somewhere I need to fit in an Easter lesson. It's was the most exciting week, but all in all we had a good time. Sometimes it's nice to just relax and have no plans and just do whatever you feel like for the day. But I am looking forward to Monday. I think I do better with schedules and busy kids.


No comments: