Monday, July 29, 2013

Pinterest Post: Overnight No-Cook Oatmeal

I tried this recipe last night and had it for breakfast today. So good! I saw this on FB and Pinterest and it was a yummy, easy breakfast that would be great on a busy morning (school starts in 4 weeks!!) or before a morning workout. This is the recipe I tried today:
3/4 cup (6 oz) regular vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup oatmeal, not cooked
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
sprinkle of cinnamon.
Mix everything in a container with a lid, cover and refrigerate overnight.
This is a great recipe because you can make it a million different ways. Any flavor or type of yogurt (the original recipe called for Greek yogurt), any fruit mix ins, nuts, honey, etc. I made Dave taste it. He said it was okay. Logan would not try it, but I think Trevor might like it. If your kids do like oatmeal it would be fun to let them make their own the night before with their choice of fruit and yogurt. This was good to eat before I worked out (I hardly ever work out so don't be too impressed) and it filled me up enough so I wasn't starving after working out (so I didn't need to eat a brownie for my after-workout snack).
Husband rating: 3 out of 5 stars
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Kid rating: My picky eaters were not interested and my kid who tries everything was not awake before I ate it all.

No comments: