Friday, January 17, 2014

Garlic Cheese Bread

I needed something the other night to go along with my spaghetti and meatballs. I had a really good bread stick recipe from Pinterest that I have used before so I thought about making those. Then I saw a recipe on Facebook that looked so good. So I combined the two and come up with this:

Here is the recipe:
For the dough-
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
1 1/4 teaspoons yeast
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 - 3 1/4 cups flour
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil

In a standing mixer mix water, yeast and sugar and let stand 5-10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix until dough forms a ball and no longer sticks to the side of the bowl. Dough should be soft and slightly sticky. Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover and let rise about an hour.
After rising, punch dough. Make small rolls with the dough. Dip the rolls in the following mixture:
1 stick melted butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1-2 teaspoons dried parsley or chopped fresh parsley

After dipping the rolls into the butter (make sure they get completely coated), roll in grated Parmesan cheese. Place rolls in greased baking dish  (my rolls were all squished together to make pull-apart rolls) and drizzle any remaining butter. Because we all know butter makes everything better. You can even add more cheese on top if you like. Cover and let rise about an hour. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

These got two thumbs up from everyone. We loved them! Dave and Trevor were super impressed when I brought them to the table. "You made those? From scratch?" Why yes, yes I did.


No comments: