Saturday, June 13, 2009

Apricot picking


I heard from someone that the Gilcrease Orchard was opened so I called my mom and we took the boys Saturday morning. I had never been out there before and the boys were excited to see everything. We saw corn growing, squash, apple, pear, plum, peach and apricot trees. Logan loved picking the apricots from the trees (the unripe ones) and we all had fun looking for the best ones. Trevor said, "Grandma is the boss because she has a garden so she knows if the fruit is ripe." Afterwards we came home and everyone ate some fruit. It was so good. The boys had a really good time and it was fun showing them where some of our food comes from. Trevor has loved going to my mom's house to see what she has in her garden. He loves picking peas and eating them right then and there. He wants us to plant a garden in our backyard, so maybe one of these days, with the help of my mom, we'll try it out.

2 comments:

Beverly B. said...

I need to get working on a garden too but I have no idea what I'm doing.

steph j. said...

I'm glad you shared about the ranch, we lived only a few miles from it and I always wanted to take the kids, we'll have to for sure go. Thanks for your kind words on my blog!