Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Monday Food Storage Meal - Chicken Ritz

I know it's Wednesday but on Monday I made Taco Salad with my leftover roast so I wanted to do a recipe that may be new to some of you. My friend has 6 kids and she always has great casserole recipes. I love casseroles because you can stretch your money when you make one. If you have just a little chicken you can chop it up for a casserole. Not enough veggies for a whole side dish? Pour them into a casserole. When I had Logan my friend brought this casserole over for dinner and so I've made it since then, but I always add a little twist. Tonight I had some leftover cheese sauce (baked potatoes last night) and some broccoli so I threw it all in to this casserole. This is such an easy recipe that you can add what you have on hand and have a delicious dinner. (I half this recipe since I don't have as big a family as my friend, but you can mix up the whole thing, put half in a freezer bag and freeze it for another day.)

Chicken Ritz
3 1/2 -4 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 1/2 cups sour cream
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1 stick melted butter
Preheat oven to 350. Mix together chicken, soup (do not add water) and sour cream. Place in a casserole dish. Crumble Ritz crackers and mix with melted butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake for 45 minutes. (You can add cheese to this and any kids of veggies or potatoes - the canned potatoes since you should have some in your food storage!)

No comments: