Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nesting

I never really went through that nesting phase when I was pregnant with any of my boys. That need to clean and organize, to get make room for one more. But I don't think that feeling comes just when you're about to have a baby. I think it comes at all different times in your life. For me it came a couple weeks ago after I went grocery shopping. I went alone since that Monday was a holiday and I ended up buying way more than I usually do. I'm sure it was because I was able to walk slowly through the store and really look at everything instead of hurrying and getting everything in my cart as quickly as possible because I had kids screaming, crying, complaining, fighting, or running away. When I got home to unload my groceries I realized I didn't have room for everything. And then I got that feeling. The need to clean and organize, the strong desire to make room, to make it all fit nice and neat. For the next hour or so I cleaned out the cupboards in my kitchen, then made my way to the hall cabinets where I keep my food storage and finally the hall closet where I have more food storage. By the time I was done everything had a place, a home. Things fit and I discovered, once I rearranged a bunch of stuff, that I actually had extra room. Now if only I felt the need to clean and organize other parts of my house.....

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You sound like me! I do that a few times a year! I have to have my house in order/clean or I go crazy! I feel like my house looks, when it is dirty!