Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Operation Monday Clean Day

Three weeks ago we had a holiday from school and I had a sick Colin. When he threw up that afternoon (in the toilet, thank goodness) I decided I needed to clean and get some germs out of my house. Well, I started cleaning and I didn't stop. I decided to just do the whole house in one day. I dusted (something I don't normally do and I'm not embarrassed to admit it), I swept floors, I mopped, I cleaned counters and mirrors and toilets, sinks and tubs. Then I vacuumed. Then I threw away crap and junk. Then I looked around and I loved what I saw. I had a clean house. The whole house all clean at once! When does that ever happen? The rest of that week I was busy taking care of a very sick Colin and then a sick Logan. We went to doctor's offices and other medical places for tests and I did not have much time for things like cleaning. So when the next Monday rolled around I decided I would do the same thing again. I decided that every Monday would be my cleaning day. In the past I would clean a little each day, but by the middle of the week (okay, by Tuesday) I would be tired of cleaning. Who wants to clean every day? I had other things I wanted to do. So with my new cleaning schedule I got to work. And what would you know, by cleaning the whole house on one day I feel like the house stays cleaner all week. It's easy now to just pick up here and there during the week, and do little things. And when Monday rolls around some of the things I cleaned the week before are still clean! What? Something stayed nice and neat for a whole week? Yes, ma'am it did. I'm happy about my new schedule, happy that after almost 8 years of being a stay home mom I am finally figuring things out. For me, this is really working and for now I am really loving it. And here are a few of my favorite things that help me get the job done (my NEW Bissell Vacuum that I love so very much; my Steam mop that makes mopping this nasty tile floor that I hate a little more bearable; and Method Multi-Surface cleaner in Pink Grapefruit - as Colin said, "Mmmm, that smells so good.")

1 comment:

Erika said...

I am so impressed.