Thursday, June 9, 2011

Best teachers ever


School's out. What a week it's been. What a day. I was at the school three times today in the span of 3 1/2 hours. It's been a good year. A great year. My kids had the best teachers ever. Colin had Mr. Bryson for kindergarten and loved him. Colin did so good in kindergarten this year. He made a ton of friends, he learned so much and I can tell he changed in the way he looks at things and the way he does his work. His teacher commented on his report card that Colin's attitude towards challenging and new things has really improved and that he is a great worker. Colin really did an amazing job this year. After school he cried a little because his teacher probably won't be at our school next year so Colin thinks he will never see Mr. Bryson again. I am praying we will see him again. He was the best teacher for Colin this year.

Trevor had Mrs. Nix. On the second day of school Mrs. Nix called me to tell me about a meltdown Trevor had in class that day. By last week she was telling me how mature Trevor's gotten, how responsible he is now and how much his behavior and attitude has changed and improved. We love Mrs. Nix. She was amazing and knew exactly what Trevor needed. She was strict but kind and she loved Trevor and he knew she loved him. She really helped him gain confidence in his reading and writing where he's always struggled and he really improved in those areas because of her. She was a great teacher to him and a great support to me. I loved working with her and getting help from her and learning what I needed to do at home to help my son succeed. Trevor did not get the honor roll this year but he did have amazing grades and we're so proud of all he accomplished. Every year I pray my kids will be placed in the right classroom with the right teacher and this year my prayers were more than answered. Both my sons were exactly where they needed to be.

No comments: