Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cranberry (or Apricot) Chicken Recipe

I've had 2 requests for this recipe. It's so easy and very tasty. It came from a cookbook called "Don't Panic...Dinner's in the Freezer." You can make this sauce ahead of time, put it in a freezer bag with the chicken, freeze it and then use it another day. This is also one of those recipes you can mix up in the morning and keep in the fridge and the pop it in the oven when it's time to cook. I love doing that - it makes dinner time so much easier. The Apricot Chicken was a recipe my sister gave me. I don't know which one I like better. Sometimes I want the sweet apricot, other times the tangy cranberry. So here it is:

Cranberry (or Apricot) Chicken

1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce (or for Apricot Chicken substitute 1 cup apricot jam)
1 cup Catalina dressing
(for Apricot chicken add a can of pineapple chunks, drained)

Mix above ingredients in a small bowl. Cut up 1 pound chicken (or more if you have a bigger crowd to feed) into bite sized pieces. Place in a baking dish. Add the sauce and mix together. Bake, covered at 350 for 30 minutes. Stir and remove cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.

I always serve this dish with green beans and chocolate milk for some odd reason.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love apricot chicken! I usually serve it with rice and broccoli.