Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Take a closer look

What is it about looking into a pair of eyes? I mean really looking? Isn't there a saying that the eyes are a window to the soul? I don't know what it is, but I love (LOVE) looking into my kids' eyes. It all started with Trevor as a baby and the way people would comment on how blue his eyes were. His eyes always stood out and he'd get lots of compliments. So it made me want to look even more. Then came Colin and even though his eyes are blue too, they are not like Trevor's. They are different and when you look into them you see something different. And Logan - sweet Logan with his one eye that is 2 different colors. At first I was the only one who could see it, but now it's something I point out to people when they see him. When I look into their eyes, though, I see them in a different way. It's like you really can see inside of them a little more, into what they may be thinking or feeling. I feel a little more connected, a little closer to them when I look right into their eyes. Every now and then I'll say to one of them, "Come here, I want to look into your eyes." I love that moment. They will come over and smile and let me look. And in that little moment I feel like I know them a little better than before.

1 comment:

Erika said...

You are so cool, Kasey! You put into words thoughts that just run through my head that are never shared aloud. Thanks!
Also, I have a Trevor eye. Most people don't even notice unless, like you said, I point it out.