Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My attempt at being crafty

A while back I was blog-hopping and I came across a post for a cute craft. It was called a Family Rules canvas. I thought it was super cute and that it might be something I could actually do myself. It's been in the back of my mind and yesterday I decided I wanted to make my own. So I went online and put "Family Rules canvas" into the search and came up with a ton of sites where people have made their own. I knew for me simpler was better so I typed my rules on my computer, went out to Michael's today and bought all of the things I would need. Now, I know mine is not all fancy or crafty. It looks a little plain-Jane, but that is me. I wanted it to be blue and yellow and I wanted it to be hung in the playroom/TV room. I love how it turned out. If you want to make one of you own I suggest just googling "Family Rules Canvas" and looking at the different ideas and seeing how other people did theirs. It's super easy and did not take me very long (probably because I'm a little impatient and I always seem to rush a little) and it only cost $15 since I had to buy EVERYTHING and since I didn't have a Michael's coupon because I very rarely go there. But it was fun, it turned out way better than I expected and I think Dave will be very impressed with my craftiness. (I ended up buying a 12x16 canvas but you can do them as big as you want.)

No comments: