Friday, March 22, 2013

Recipe - Warm Balsamic Garden Salad

Since I had a brownie with frosting for my morning snack and since my muffin top seems to be expanding (what happened to the Wedding Dress Challenge??) I decided I needed something super healthy for lunch. I had a bunch of asparagus from the garden in the fridge so I knew I wanted to use that. My spinach has been growing really well so I picked a few leaves, added some peas and came up with this delicious Warm Balsamic Garden Salad. Here's how I did it if you want to give it a try:
Asparagus, washed and cut into small pieces
fresh baby spinach leaves
frozen or fresh peas
minced garlic
salt
pepper
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar

Just heat the olive oil in the pan and add garlic. Add the peas and cook until tender, add the asparagus and cook until tender, add the spinach and a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, toss and serve warm.

This took just about 5 minutes to cook and was perfect for a light lunch. I loved it and wished I would have made a little bit more. I might try it for a dinner side dish one of these nights and see how the kids like it. Too bad Dave hates peas...he's really missing out.

No comments: