Friday, March 1, 2013

Recipe - Lemon Rosemary Chicken



I saw this picture on Pinterest and it looked so good to me. It looked like something that you would make for dinner in the Spring or Summer. It's been getting warmer here and I have been anticipating Spring, so I decided to try this new recipe for dinner last night. I changed it a little from the original. Here is my recipe for Lemon Rosemary Chicken:

1 - 2 lbs Chicken Thighs (bone in, skin on)
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 - 1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (I got mine from my front yard)
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, whisk everything together (except the chicken, of course). Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade in. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning bag often to get all of the chicken coated. Preheat oven to 425. Place chicken in baking dish skin side up, season with salt and pepper and pour marinade over chicken. Bake for 50-55 minutes until skin is crispy and golden brown and chicken is cooked through. 

I made mine with diced potatoes in the same dish as the chicken. So good. The marinade got all over the potatoes and made them so yummy and lemony. Everyone loved this dinner. Colin and Logan asked for seconds and Trevor said the crispy skin was very tasty. Dave broke the rules and pulled out BBQ sauce....he and Logan can't eat anything without dipping it in BBQ sauce or ketchup. I loved it. I will definitely make it again. (If you want to see the original recipe just click HERE).

No comments: