Friday, April 4, 2008

Laundry Days

I used to have one laundry day. It was Friday since it was the end of the week and (hopefully) all of my other housecleaning was done for the week. I used to be really good at getting it all washed, dried, folded and put away by the end of the day. Ever since Logan came along, though, my new laundry days are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Why is it that one little baby can cause my whole schedule to get off? I think it is because I no longer have time to do all of my laundry in one day so now I have to do it all in spurts and as we speak I have something in the dryer that needs to be taken out and folded (I think I'll turn it on again to get the wrinkles out - who has time to iron??), a load that has been sitting in the wash since yesterday morning (do I have to wash it again or will it be okay? The heat of the dryer will kill any germs from being left in the washer, right?) then we have all of the new things that need to get done - sheets from sick kids that need to be washed, mine and Dave's shirts, the boys pajamas (again leaky diapers from sick kids have caused us to go through all of the pajama pants in a couple days). I think one of these days I might get it all done, figure out how to run a household of two very active boys who make messes every where they go (don't get me started on the playroom) and one baby that seems to be crying to eat every time I turn around (didn't I JUST feed you?). And one of these days my husband will come home to a clean house, kids who are happy and smiling and getting along just perfectly, a baby sitting nicely in his swing happily playing with his toys, a nice dinner sitting on the table waiting for all of us to enjoy, and a wife who is not wearing sweats or pajama pants at the end of the day....how did June Cleaver do it all and still look so put together at the end of the day? Maybe that's why we have reality shows now.

3 comments:

steph j. said...

Hi Kasey! I'm so glad you said hi, I was wondering if anyone else had blogs that we grew up with. If we could get the rest of them to start blogging it would be a really fun way to keep in touch. Your family is so cute and growing so big. I look foward to checking in.

Lisa Tippetts said...

I feel for ya Kase, but don't be too hard on yourself. You are a wonderful mother and wife and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if the laundry is finished what matters is that everyone is still breathing! ;)
(BTW, I only rewash after 2 days of sitting in the washer)

The Sewell Family said...

Laundry...I hate it for all the reasons you just named. It's amazing that you had it figured out with two. I don't! Anyway, when you figure out how to create that perfect scenario, will you let me know?