Monday, March 28, 2011

Date night


On Saturday Dave and I had plans to go to my friend's house for a homecoming party for her son. He just got home from his mission. Dave got a babysitter and I suggested we go to the party for a while and then go on a date. We decided our date would consist of going to RC Willey and Home Depot. Not super romantic but we've been wanting to go to those 2 places without the kids for a while now and this was the perfect opportunity. We want to get a new kitchen table when we move and we wanted to look at paint colors and see what furniture there was, get some ideas of prices and see what we might like. We found a table we liked and then we were just looking around for fun when I saw this denim sectional. I just fell in love with it. It looked like a pair of comfy jeans. I have ALWAYS wanted a denim sectional but I could never really find the right fabric. But this was it. Exactly what had always been in my imagination when I think of what I want my family room to look like. We didn't buy anything but it was sure fun to look. We got some ideas for paint for the new house and we had fun walking through Home Depot and dreaming about what our kitchen will look like someday. It was a fun date. A fun night to spend together and do something we never get to do. It was fun to go out with Dave and dream and imagine what we're going to make our home into.

No comments: