Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Travel Plans

I envy people who travel. I dream about taking my kids to fun, historical places. I long to visit places I've seen in movies or read about in books. I am not a big traveler, but I have been to some fun places. I've been to Washington, D.C., Boston (twice), San Francisco, Alabama and Arkansas. Dave and I went on a cruise for our Honeymoon and we visited Nice, France for a week years ago. We've loved our trips to San Diego and sitting on the beach in Laguna.We've gone hiking with the kids in Zion, seen Shakespearean plays in Cedar. But, one of the places I have always wanted to go, the place on the top of my "Travel Bucket List" is Prince Edward Island. Anyone who knows me knows I love Anne Shirley. She is probably my all time favorite literary heroine and it's partly because of her that I love to write and why I wanted to become an English teacher.
Last night an idea popped into my head. I thought that I needed to plan a trip to PEI. I needed to plan it far enough in advance so I can save and plan and prepare, but not too far that it never happens. I asked two of my friends if they wanted to go with me. The two girls who I know love Anne as much as I do (maybe even more). They both said yes. Of course they said yes. We're going to go 4 years from now. It's written in black permanent ink on my future 2016 calendar: Vacation to PEI with Michelle and Erin. I can't wait. It's going to be the best trip ever.

No comments: