Sunday, September 25, 2011

When you stop looking...


Ever since we moved I've been looking for bedding for the boys' room. My mom and I have looked everywhere at every store. You would think red, white and blue would be easy to find. But no. Either we would find something that was super expensive or not so super cute. My mom did find some comforters at JC Penny that she ordered for their beds. They were really cute, but when I washed them the colors faded so badly and they looked horrible. So we took them back and kept looking and looking and looking. Finally I told my mom I was tired of looking so I forgot about it and decided the boys were fine with mismatched bedding. Then, yesterday after going to Rod Works with my mom and sister my mom asked if we could also go to Home Goods. I've only been to that store once so I wanted to go look. As I was wandering around the store I found a section that had kids' stuff. I saw this quilted throw pillow that was striped blue, red, white, green and brown. It was really cute and I showed it to my mom and said, "If only we could find something like this for the boys' beds!" So we looked around and found three quilts that matched the pillow! I was so excited I was jumping up and down in the store laughing. And I was so excited to get them washed (they didn't even fade!) and on the boys' beds. My kids love them and I love them. I love it how when you finally stop looking for something you end up finding it.


1 comment:

Jess said...

Those are perfect! I love the way they look in the room.