Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How does your garden grow?

 By the time Christmas is over, the decorations down and gifts put away, I am ready for Spring. I am not a winter kind of girl. I like the sunshine and the warm weather. I love swimming in the summer and cooking outside on the grill. I love when it's warm enough to open the windows and let in the fresh air. I'd take hot over cold any day. The last few days have felt like Spring to me and I've spent lots of time outside cleaning up my yard, pulling weeds and planning out my garden for the year. Last year I planted a garden and the plants all grew, they just didn't produce anything for us to eat.  I always imagine walking out my back door and going to my garden and getting fresh herbs to use in my cooking, picking vegetables to make a salad or watermelon or berries for the kids to eat. I want a garden like the ones I see on Pinterest or blogs and and I determined to have one, even if it's small and simple. The past few days I have been doing research and reading up on gardening in Vegas. I have been taking notes and making lists and sketching out plans for my garden. Today I went to Home Depot and filled my basket with soil and seeds, flowers and plants. I planted flowers our front and some strawberry plants. I'm going to get my garden beds ready these next few days so I can start planting. And hopefully soon I can walk out my back door and pick some of the food I grew.

No comments: